Field conditioning it self gets stuck in a loop
This is a valid usecase, but when the field is reset it triggers the change event and triggers conditions again. This causes it to just get stuck in a loop. It should be able to keep track of this to prevent it from showing or hiding over and over again.
Updated by krileon about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Assigned
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
Possible other loop case:
1) while the " Files "fields are empty, the" Checkbox " field is hidden, tab 2 is hidden.
2) the "Checkbox" field will become visible after downloading all three files.
3) tab 2 will become visible if the "Checkbox" is checked.
Sounds like issue with checkbox hiding tab 2 while the checkbox displays based off 3 fields on tab 2. This would cause a condition loop and throws a fatal JS error.
Updated by krileon almost 3 years ago
The infinite loop protection should force the condition to be a static condition to avoid the JS completely breaking. This would be the best possible protection against loops. This will limit some use cases, but will prevent catastrophic failures, which WILL break the forms ability to submit.