Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #2370

closed

CB German Language File - English-Text error

Added by casaout over 11 years ago. Updated about 11 years ago.

Status:
Rejected
Priority:
Urgent
Assignee:
Target version:
-
Start date:
07 March 2011
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
0:15 h

Description

Joomla 1.5, CB 1.4

I have installed the German language files (and tried it again with supporters in the forum). They told me to write a Bug-Ticket here.

Unfortunately, I am not able to change some fields which show up in the registration and users editing page:

- "Please enter a valid email address"
- "This field is required."
- etc.

I translated them to German and uploaded them - but they still show up in English (see screenshot).

What can I do?

Thank you!


Files

Unbenannt.PNG (10.6 KB) Unbenannt.PNG casaout, 07 March 2011 08:08

Related issues 2 (0 open2 closed)

Related to CB GroupJive - Bug #2653: change validation messages as they conflict with CBsClosedkrileon14 July 2011

Actions
Has duplicate CB - Bug #2598: CB 1.4 validation strings won't translateClosedbeat22 June 2011

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by vipzeus over 11 years ago

casaout wrote:

Joomla 1.5, CB 1.4

I have installed the German language files (and tried it again with supporters in the forum). They told me to write a Bug-Ticket here.

Unfortunately, I am not able to change some fields which show up in the registration and users editing page:

- "Please enter a valid email address"
- "This field is required."
- etc.

I translated them to German and uploaded them - but they still show up in English (see screenshot).

What can I do?

Thank you!

I have the same problem with Italin language. I tried to copy missing strings from the defalt language and paste at my language file php but i have blank screen after this. I tried to modify directly the defalt language string but nothing change.

Actions #2

Updated by beat about 11 years ago

  • Target version set to CB 1.7
Actions #3

Updated by beat about 11 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Assigned
  • Assignee set to krileon

As this is duplicated by bug #2598, submitted by Kyle and assigned to Kyle, i'm assigning this one to Kyle too.

Actions #4

Updated by krileon about 11 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from krileon to beat
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

This is due to GJ 2.x language files containing the same translation strings as CB. This results in CBs language changes having no affect on those strings. Have made a ticket to fix in GJ directly. With GJ 2.x language plugin disabled the validation strings translate perfectly fine; otherwise they currently must be translated in GJs language plugin if is installed.

Actions #5

Updated by beat about 11 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Rejected
  • Target version deleted (CB 1.7)

Thank you for the report, which allowed us to find the issue in GroupJive.
Closing regarding CB itself.
Adding that the related issue is #2653 of GroupJive.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF